Dortmund Star, Sancho To Miss Champions League Second-leg Game Against Manchester City
Jadon Sancho has been ruled out of Borussia Dortmund’s Champions League quarter-final second leg against his former club Manchester City.
England international Sancho has been sidelined for more than a month with a thigh problem and also missed the first leg at the Etihad Stadium last week.
The 21-year-old is making progress in his recovery but Wednesday’s match comes too soon.
Dortmund interim coach Edin Terzic said: “Jadon won’t be at our disposal. He trained again, he is doing his best, we would like to have him available but he won’t be. We have to take our time with him.”
Dortmund also have injury doubts over experienced pair Marco Reus and Mats Hummels for the clash at the Westfalenstadion.
Terzic said: “There are a few slightly injured. We will have to wait. Marco Reus and Mats Hummels needed to be substituted and leave the pitch on Saturday.
“We have another training session and we will see who will be at our disposal.”
Manchester City are 2-1 up in the tie following the first leg, with Kevin De Bruyne putting them ahead in the first half before Marco Reus equalised six minutes from time.
But it was Phil Foden who capped a fantastic display with a late winner as Pep Guardiola’s side took a slim advantage into second leg.