Home » Ghana » Korle Bu Maternity Ward Not On Fire – PRO Clears The Air

Korle Bu Maternity Ward Not On Fire – PRO Clears The Air

by Isaac Mintah
Korle Bu Maternity Ward Not On Fire - PRO Clears The Air

The Head of Public Relations at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Mustapha Salifu has cleared reports that the Maternity Block of the facility caught fire on Tuesday night.

In a press statement, the PRO stated that an air-conditioner switch in of the doctors restrooms emitted smoke which was put off by a staff.

Mintah.net earlier carried a report of a fire outbreak at Korle Bu Children’s ward.

In the viral video, nurses were seen helping to transfer new born babies to a safer place.

However, Mr Salifu of the facility has explained that fire never caught the Maternity Block as reported earlier. He further noted that babies were moved to another wing of the same floor as a precautionary measure.

He also added that normal operations have restarted after the assessment of the Fire Service indicated that there was no furhter threat of danger to either patients or staff.

The statement read, ”What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors starting emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at round 9pm yesterday,”

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS).”

“We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.”

“We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism.”

You may also like

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.